BLACKHEATH & ELTHAMIANS HOCKEY CLUB
Blackheath & Elthamians Hockey Club – Ladies Head Coach Wanted
BEHC are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Head Coach for our Ladies1st XI for the 2017-18 season and beyond. Successful applicants will need to bring fresh ideas, have an ambitious mind-set and experience of coaching a team to a high standard (ideally regional or above).
The established squad are relishing the chance to work with an inspirational coach, or player coach, who is keen to join the BEHC family. The coach must support the team’s ambition to get promoted back into the East League. In season 2016-17 the ladies finished in the top 4 of East Div 2SE. Our aspiration in the next 5 years is to be playing in East League Div 1S or beyond.
Ideally the role will begin with the summer league fixtures at Lee Valley. This will act as a base to our pre-season alongside a programme of training and friendlies prior to the start of the league.
Having a holistic approach to coaching at BEHC is vital to ensure the Ladies section is a cohesive unit with seamless pathways between teams. Applicants must have the ability to coach both technical and tactical considerations and hold a minimum England Hockey Level 2 or England Hockey Coach qualification or demonstrate relevant experience. Training will include our 2nd XI squad and potentials from across the 4 ladies teams.
• Develop a strategy for the 1st XI to achieve promotion into the East League
• Attend and coach on match days (including a warm up and post-match debrief)
• Deliver a weekly engaging training session that demonstrates England Hockey’s Golden Thread throughout the season for the 1st and 2nd XI squads so players can reach their potential
• Plan and deliver a pre-season programme in partnership with the Ladies 1st XI Captain
• Be the lead selector for the Ladies 1st XI along with the Ladies 1st XI Captain (this may include attendance at selection meetings)
• Help to identify leading young players and work with other coaches and captains to manage their development through to the Ladies 1st XI
• Monitor performance and provide feedback to players
• Provide guidance on fitness programmes that are tailored to the needs of individuals
• Act as a mentor to other coaches across the Ladies section
• Attract, develop and retain players at all levels and ages to play hockey
• Support the delivery of Ladies Club Day
Additional opportunities if more hours are desired:
• BEHC are reviewing whether we move our lower ladies teams to a separate training night. If this goes ahead opportunities to deliver this session may be available.
• Junior Head Coach and junior girls coaching available
• The successful candidate will be regarded as self-employed and provide services for a period of 2 years
• Each successful candidate will be asked to sign a self- employed coaching agreement
• All candidates must have a residence in the UK and be allowed to work in the UK
• Location – Eltham College, South East London
• Salary is negotiable depending on experience and breadth of role undertaken
• A bonus payment is available if promotion is achieved
How to Apply
For more information about the role and/or to apply please send a covering letter, CV and 2 references to: Matt Wilde, Club Chairman, via e-mail apply online