- India and Pakistan top Pools A and B respectively
- India record highest number of goals scored by a team at an international competition
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games qualification on offer
Not too long ago, the Indian women’s hockey team was firmly entrenched at fourth spot in the hierarchy of Asian teams Continue reading Comprehensive win for Indian women over holder Korea
GOLD COAST – A handful of unbeaten teams will look to maintain their perfect records on day four at the Gold Coast Hockey Centre on Sunday 8 April.
Susannah TOWNSEND (ENG) has been one of the stand-out players of GC2018 so far, with her mix of speed, skill and strength making her one to watch out for.
Pakistan captain Muhammad RIZWAN said his side is still learning as “there are lots of new guys, and we’ve only been with our coach for two-and-a-half-weeks.”
South African coach Mark HOPKINS said his team needed to improve on their performance against Australia (4-0 defeat on Saturday 7 April) by “being better in key moments” against New Zealand.
- Hosts start with impressive 4-0 win against South Africa
- Malaysia and Canada bounce back from heavy opening defeats
- Pakistan score in last second to draw with rivals India
GOLD COAST – Australia‘s clash with South Africa and a traditional rivalry between the men of India and Pakistan will headline day three of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games hockey competition at the Gold Coast Hockey Centre. Continue reading Gold medal favourites Australia hit the pitch, whilst the traditional rivalry of India and Pakistan resumes.
- New Zealand defeat debutants Ghana 12-0
- England make it two wins from two as they defeat Wales
- India return to winning ways while Canada and Scotland draw
Friday 6 April 2018 | The Kookaburras have received official approval of a late injury replacement with Blake Govers ruled out of the 18-player 2018 Commonwealth Games team due to a fractured finger. Continue reading KOOKABURRAS FORCED INTO LATE INJURY REPLACEMENT
- Wales follow women’s success by drawing against hockey giants Pakistan
- Scotland stun South Africa in high possession performance
- Wales stun India in opening game
- Downpour of goals as New Zealand put six past Scotland
- Reigning champions Australia delight home crowd with narrow win
Hockey Australia congratulates retiring Kookaburras captain and three-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist Mark Knowles after he was named as the Australian Flag Bearer for the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast. Continue reading HOCKEY AUSTRALIA CONGRATULATES MARK KNOWLES ON FLAG BEARER HONOUR