- Hager joins after a decade as coach of New Zealand’s women’s team, taking them to Commonwealth gold and best-ever Olympic finishes
- He is due to join up with Great Britain women’s squad for the first time when they play opening FIH Pro League away games next month
We are only a few days into 2019 and already Hockey India are hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Continue reading Indian Merry Go Round starts Again as Twitter Erupts
One of the most controversial hockey journalist has been putting his thoughts on paper for us again in Edition 8 of Hockey World News.
NEW DELHI: Indian men’s hockey coach Harendra Singh was on Wednesday removed from the position following a disappointing 2018 and offered the task of helming the junior squad by the national federation. Continue reading Harendra Singh removed as Indian men’s hockey team coach – Times of India
Financial woes continued to trouble Pakistan hockey with the sport’s national body now considering withdrawing from the FIH Pro Hockey League, a qualifying event for the 2020 Olympics. Continue reading Fund crunch hits Pakistan hockey yet again, team mulls withdrawing from Olympic qualifier
Award-winning Saba Restaurants and Saba To Go have been announced as Official Partner to Hockey Ireland. With over 13 years of success in the restaurant industry, Saba are delighted to support Hockey Ireland as an Official Partner. Continue reading Saba Restaurants and Saba To Go announced as Official Partner to Hockey Ireland
- Red Lions claim dramatic shoot-out victory over Netherlands to claim first World Cup title
- Triumph puts Belgium at the top of the FIH Hero World Rankings
Bhubaneswar, India: Belgium have claimed their first ever World Cup title thanks to a dramatic shoot-out victory over the Netherlands in the final of the Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup Bhubaneswar 2018. Continue reading Belgium’s Red Lions win Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup Bhubaneswar 2018
Sunday 16 December 2018 | The Kookaburras have claimed the bronze medal at the 2018 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup with an emphatic 8-1 victory over England in Sunday’s third place match in Bhubaneswar, India. Continue reading KOOKABURRAS ROUT ENGLAND TO CLAIM WORLD CUP BRONZE
- Red Lions produce stunning performance to defeat England to reach first World Cup final
- Shoot-out drama as Netherlands end Australia’s hopes of third successive title
- Competition ends on 16 December with bronze (1630 IST) & gold (1900 IST) medal matches
Saturday 15 December 2018 | The Kookaburras have suffered World Cup heartbreak losing Saturday night’s semi-final to the Netherlands in a shootout after earlier equalising with less than 30 seconds to play. Continue reading HEARTBREAK FOR KOOKABURRAS IN WORLD CUP SEMI-FINAL SHOOTOUT